Below is a list of my top five (5) favorite episodes from Season One (1993-1994) of “LOIS AND CLARK: The New Adventures of Superman”. Developed for television by Deborah Joy LeVine, the series starred Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher:
TOP FIVE FAVORITE EPISODES OF “LOIS AND CLARK: THE NEW ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN” (SEASON ONE)
1. (1.12) “All Shook Up” – After preventing an asteroid from impacting upon Earth, Clark Kent/Superman loses his memory and forgets how to use his powers. Martha and Jonathan Kent arrive to help Clark regain his memory, so that he can become Superman and stop a fragment of the asteroid still heading to Earth. A first-rate remake of an old“Adventures of Superman” episode.
2. (1.08) “The Green Glow of Home” – In this tense-filled episode, an Environmental Protection Agency report leads Lois and Clark to Smallville in order to investigate. They discover that Jason Trask and Bureau 39 is after kryptonite to be used to kill Superman.
3. (1.17) “The Rival” – This humorous episode featured a reunion between Lois Lane and her college rival, reporter Linda King of The Metropolis Star. The two rivals and Clark investigate a serious of accidents, and discover that The Star is causing them for stories.
4. (1.16) “The Foundling” – A globe that Clark had retrieved from his spaceship begins to project messages from his biological father, Jor-El. A teenage thief steals the globe and other items from Clark’s apartment, and it soon falls into the hands of Lex Luthor. Interesting episode.
5. (1.02) “Strange Visitor (From Another Planet)” – In this episode, Clark first learns about his origins and the sinister Jason Trask of Bureau 39, who views Superman as a threat to humanity.
Filed under: Essay | Tagged: comics, david warner, dc comics, dean cain, dean stockwell, eddie jones, jerry hardin, john shea, k callan, l. scott caldwell, lane smith, michael landes, politics, richard belzer, superman, television, terence knox, teri hatcher, tracy scoggins |